Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Oh. My. Goodness. Wednesday.

Last night I slept with the balcony door open for fresh air and white noise, and it was lovely. Except for the part where all of my paper notes blew around while I was asleep. This is the price I pay for white noise.

This morning's activities began promptly at 6:45 a.m. when breakfast was served in the Presidential Suite prior to our 7:00 a.m. staff meeting. My special gluten-free plate arrived promptly at 7:10 a.m. I had a little chat with the kitchen about that and we'll see if tomorrow morning is any different.

Today I worked at the registration desk, attended the Information Service committee meeting, filled in as a roving A/V technician-coordinator, worked at the reg desk some more, and then went to a reception at a steakhouse near Miami Beach. I have no more pep or schmooze left in me.

The highlight of my day was during my afternoon stint at the reg desk. It was staffed by two of my OA cohorts, two volunteers, and myself; an excellent audience. My left earring was falling out and I tried to poke it back through my ear but failed to do so. I did succeed in knocking it out of my ear entirely. I thought it had sort of fallen up my left sleeve so I took off my jacket and unbuttoned my left cuff and shook my arm like a mad thing to get the earring to fall out of my sleeve. It did not. Then I unbuttoned two of the buttons over my stomach and reached in to see if it had gone the other way into my shirt. Not there, either. I was really, really irritated. Then I just pulled the collar of my shirt out and there it was, nestled in my bra. I received a polite round of applause upon recovering the earring. Well done me.

Also, I've had no dinner yet. So off I go.

No comments: